Monday, February 27, 2012

Love Like a Silhouette

Written.. February 26, 2012
Last night Janessa, Karlee and I were invited to a get-together/worship night with some friends from a group we have attended called Christian Surfers. The night was incredible, the worship powerful, and the fellowship, light and blessed. I was overtaken by the fullness of my Savior's love for me.. and was reminded of this when I looked through the tinted window on the way home to glimpse the looming figure of a mountain in the distance, a stunning contrast against the obscure blue night sky. This picture brought me to reflect on 1 Corinthians 13:12, describing God's love. "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then, face to face," the verse says. Oh how beautiful.. If I can gaze upon the wonder of the night and fall in love with Christ simply because of the hidden wonders of the night, I can only imagine in the day how brilliant that love will be when the noonday sun illuminates it completely.
I thank the Lord for reminders of His glorious love for me through reading His word, and relating it to His creation. I thank Him today for nights of worship, shouting praise to Him with all my soul. I thank Him for nights of rest, and mornings where I wake up still singing of my love for Him. ("My voice shall you hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up." Psalm 5:3) My praise is merely a muddy reflection of His brilliant love for me, but yet He gives me leave me to do so. I thank Him for open arms, and the sacrifice of His son that lets me come to Him and receive His gift without hesitation for recompense for how undeserving I truly am. He is merciful, and beauty. He is passionate, and power. He is all-knowing, and still, He is love.



"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall  be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment