Friday, March 2, 2012

2 Chronicles For the Win

Written March 1, 2012

Tonight I was at worship practice at Capilla del Calvario- not actually practicing, but waiting for Karlee and Janessa while they learned the songs for the Sunday service. I had time during this to sit back and reminisce on my day and also crank out some 2 Chronicles. As I read there were two specific verses that tugged at my heart...

1. "Then they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;" (15:12)
The other night at the group Christian Surfers, or Pura Vida Church Tamarindo, the speaker Pano shared about having a passion for Jesus. He shared about having such a love for Him and His Word that you would seek Him fervently. This verse put me in awe, for when I read it I thought of how Pano's message hit me in the same way.. It kindled the burning coals in my heart which were my passion for Him in every way of my life to ignite a flame, which I desire to stoke in an ardent seeking of Christ. 

At Bible Club tonight, I sought God as to how I could show the children of Villarreal Christ's love in each moment. In my group of 5-7-year-olds, (Las Ovejitas) there were 9 beautiful children.. I was a little unsure as to how the time would go, as the kids were everywhere with their attention spans measuring a little under 5 minutes per interval. As I guided these children from activity to activity, God just told me to love them. I found myself yearning for hugs from them. I yearned to encourage with a smile, a high-five, a pat on the back a "Bien hecho!" I longed to share with them the love my Christ has for me: what caused Him to go to Calvary for my sake, and theirs too. I longed to see their usually solemn faces lit up with joy because they were being touched by the love of a faithful Father. By the time it came to leave, they were all throwing a ball around, jumping and yelling, "A mi! A mi!!". A capacious change from their apathetic responses to learning the new songs from the beginning.

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of [those] whose heart [is] loyal to Him." (16:9)
This verse excited me. I can just picture the Lord scanning over the world with His all-seeing "eyes" to rest upon with gladness the heart bent in prayer and for Him to listen to the petitions of those calling out to Him for help. It reminds me that the Lord is always faithful-to those who are faithful. His love is in no way conditional, but His ways are just. When we trust in Him and look to Him in times of need, He is always there and answers our cries for assistance. WHAT a blessing! So undeserved, and yet freely given! Hallelujah to the Maker of the stars! Who was and is and is yet to come! With this verse I was given a peace to know the He has a perfect plan for me, and I can rest in that plan. I can rest knowing that He will be there when I cry out from confusion because I want to know every detail here and now. Even when I am upset, because I call on His name, He will answer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment