Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Seeking His Will

Tonight I was talking to my mom via Skype.. She mentioned my brother's graduation from the Air Force Basic Training in the second to last weekend of April. And asked if I would be willing to go. And I have to admit my immediate thought was-no. If I were to drive down with the parents to my brother's academy in Texas I would have to leave Potter's Field Ranch two weeks earlier than planned. I would only have two weeks with my fellow IGNITE members before heading off into another chapter of my life. Selfishness to spend more time with them, finish up the time at the Ranch, and enjoy that full last month with amazing siblings in Christ hearing about and learning from their experiences in the field. Selfish selfish selfish.

But what about my blood brother?

Something inside me tugged at my heart..

Something called the Holy Spirit.

He told me my brother needed my support.

And I told my mom I would pray about it, before the internet connection cut out.

Immediately, I took my torn desires and thoughts to the Lord, and pulled out my Bible.

My thoughts flowed with the verses I read.....

"he..sought the Lord with all his heart." 2 Chronicles 22:9

"Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within 
me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise
Him
For the help of His countenance." Psalm 42:5

"Deep calls unto deep at the noise of
Your waterfalls;
All Your waves and billows have gone 
over me." Psalm 42:7

"My beloved spoke, and said to me:
"Rise up, my love, my fair one,
And come away." Song of Solomon 2:10

"Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my
tongue was glad;
Moreover my flesh will also rest in hope.
For you will not leave my soul in
Hades,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to 
see corruption.
You have made known to me the ways 
of life; 
You will make me full of joy in Your
presence." Acts 2:26-28

Lord, lead me where you need to use me. Allow me to be a vessel for your works, in whatever lives you need me to be in. Bring me where you need to go, for I know you are faithful, and with you there is only peace, and joy with the Holy Spirit through the gift of your Son on the cross, allowing me to draw near to you in times of need. And I know you will reveal to me the steps to take as I walk through this crazy world, so Lord, lead me, and I will follow, praising your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment