Thursday, February 23, 2012

Not too Exhausted to Exalt

Today was FULL.

The first day of Kid's Club was at 4:00 today. I am the leader of the group of kids aged 5-6 with Janessa called the Ovejitas [little lambs]! It was definitely a blessed time with skits, puppets, learning San Lucas 19:38 through song, rhyme and coloring, and just spending time with the kids. This year is getting started with a *bang* let's just say!

After that I stayed at Pastor Phil and Rebecca's to "watch" their kids, which consisted of getting all of my work done for Bible Club. Also was able to sneak in some more reading, because their children were all sound asleep. Hallelujah!

My morning schedule was reserved for studying - so I did just that.

I started with the daily reading, soaking up bits from various books of the Bible. Genesis, 2 Chronicles, Psalms, Luke, Romans, and 2 Thessalonians. Solid rounded reading - these from what I obtained my lesson for the day: to care for, exalt and build up others in the Lord, as God continually reveals His mercies in my life.

Genesis chapter 50: "Joseph said to them, [his brothers who had betrayed him many years before by selling him into slavery] 'Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good '" (v 19-20)
    Joseph knew God's will was done in his life trusting that all that had happened was by God's almighty sovereignty and plan. And God was faithful in taking care of him, and using him to do His work, and save many people.

2 Chronicles chapter 7: "When I [God] shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (v 13-14)
   Even though He is just, and full of wrathf, God will show forgiveness and mercy upon those who are lost, and will care for them amidst their trial if they turn to Him.

Along with this, follows Psalms 34: "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a  broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit...The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned." (v 17-18, 22)
  Another promise of God's mercy and grace, pouring out on those who love and dedicate their lives to serving Him.

Luke 15 contains the story of the prodigal's son: the story of a son who squanders his father's money and runs back to him, "tail between his legs", only to be welcomed with feasting and the best of His father's things once again offered to him. The other son who was always with the father seems jealous of his father doting on his rebellious brother when the father reminds him that, "Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours." (v 31)
  I am shown in this verse how the God of the universe rejoices with each of His children that are returned once again to His arms, and the ones that remain faithful are always welcome to all that He has to offer.

Romans 15: "Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God." (v 7) This is a reminder from Paul to fellow brothers to always have open hearts to one another as Christ has shown us the example.

2 Thessalonians 3: "But as for you brethren, do not grow weary in doing good. And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed. Yet do not count him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother." (v 13-15)
  We should recognize when one is not walking in the way as we have been taught by Christ, and should not do as they do, but admonish them, lifting them up in the faith so they can see the ways in which they are acting.

All of these sections are parts of what combined made my daily reading (along with a few chapters of Passion and Purity of course). I was fully reaffirmed of the mercies and grace my Father has shown for those who followed His will, as well as today in my life. I was encouraged to go "out of my way" per-say to encourage my brothers and sisters in the faith. I aim to encourage at least three people each day, whether by word, deed or note. I want others to be as encouraged I am as I read the stories my Father has given for me to read, and if that takes me reaching the love my Father has bestowed upon me for them to find out about the gospel, glory to God! Another child to enter through the pearly gates!

I'm exhausted from my long day, but definitely not too tired to sit down and share with all of you the beauty of a Father who deeply cares for His children, enough to lay down His life, and then allow it to be written down for her to reflect upon this act of grace, over and over.

At midnight I am to hit the hay, with a peace of mind, and heavy eyes needing much rest.

Buenas noches a todos!

No comments:

Post a Comment